Centre of the Universe is a private swim club which welcomes tourists and other visitors subject to the same terms and conditions as full members. You can learn about them here. The pool is closed for 15 days each year on Buddhist festivals and public holidays. Click for scheduled closed dates
Visit TaxiFareFinder.com for an estimate of local prices when flagging down an unmetered red cab or tuk tuk.
How to get to the Centre of the Universe
Summary of terms and conditions
- We are normally open 355 days of the year but reserve the right to close the pool at short notice for unscheduled repairs and maintenance, and for special events such as wedding receptions and private parties. These closures will be posted at the top of this webpage with as much notice as possible. Please scroll to end of this webpage for list of Thai Buddhist and public holiday dates when the swimming club is scheduled to close
- All temporary members agree to abide by the swimming club’s rules and regulations which are posted on this website and displayed on the club noticeboard at the entrance to the pool
- Please note entrance charges stated above apply for entry to the swimming pools and/or the gardens
- Last entrance time to join the morning lap swim session is 9:15 am and swimmers should vacate the club premises by 10:15 am or pay for additional time
- Lap swimmers arriving at the pool after 9:15 am will be charged 120 Baht for 90 minutes entry to the club
- Last entrance time to join the evening lap swim session is 6:15 pm and the swimming pools are closed at 6:45 pm, allowing swimmers 15 minutes to shower and change before the club entrance gate is locked at 7:00 pm
- Lap swimmers only are allowed to use the main pool during these sessions. During busy periods, pool staff will put out markers for circle swimming to accommodate more swimmers viz
- Children must be competent swimmers to join lap sessions in the main pool, or use the children’s pools only during these times.
- Children must be accompanied by responsible adults in the ratio of at least one adult for every two children
- Children who are not toilet trained are not allowed to use the pools unless wearing a swim diaper
- We make no charge for babes in arms; toddlers who are able to walk are charged the normal children’s rate
- For the benefit and enjoyment of all members and guests, parents are advised to read through the Rules and Regulations and ensure their children abide by them during visits to the pool
Scheduled Closure Dates
The swimming pools are closed to full and temporary members on the following Thai public holidays Residents staying at the resort are not affected by these scheduled closure dates
Tuesday 1 January 2019 New Year’s Day
Tuesday 19 February 2019 Makha Bucha Day
Saturday, 13 April – Wednesday 17 April 2019 (5 days) Songkran Festival – Thai New Year
Saturday, 18 May 2019: Visakha Bucha Day
Tuesday 16 -Wednesday 17 July Beginning of Buddhist Lent
Monday 12 August Mothers Day
Sunday, 13 October Anniversary of the death of King Rama IX
Thursday 5 December King Rama IX Birthday
Other dates when we will be closed are posted on the website two or three days beforehand.
If you would like to be reminded of these dates, please Email requesting your address be added to our mailing list notifying customers two or three days before scheduled pool closures. Your email address will not be disclosed to third parties and we will only contact you to advise you of dates we are closed or to advise you of significant operational changes e.g. opening hours, increase in entrance fees, and special promotions offered by the swim club.